Art & Culture Without Borders
As our the president of the Foundation says: “The strength of an association and its team are its values and the meaning it gives to its actions. Since its creation, we have constantly defended the acceptance, respect and creation of an artistic cultural harmony between the continents. The exchange and participation of all the people I meet reinforce my belief that, together and in a spirit of solidarity, much can be done for the good of humanity. Together, let’s build a harmonious world whose main concept will be: ART AND CULTURE WITHOUT BORDERS.”
With this spirit the Art & Culture without Borders Awards were born in 2018 when during a gala dinner at the Real Madrid’s famed stadium, Santiago Bernabeu, the fist awards were given to personalities from all over the world who, due to their social and / or professional activity, contribute to the success of our mission and our objectives which are:
- The preservation of indigenous traditions and cultures.
- Promote the cultural heritage as a fundamental right because every human being should be able to enjoy, have access to and participate in their cultural heritage.
- Promote cultural freedom and its diversity.
- Organize inter-cultural projects to strengthen the bonds of trust and reconciliation between peoples.
- Defence of culture in a social context with the aim of creating a more harmonious and happy world by collaborating with official institutions and non-governmental organizations.
Our 2018 Awardees were:
H.R.H Princess Beatride D’Orleans
Mr. Ahmed Ashmawi
Mr. Carlos Espinosa de los Monteros
Mr. Chakib Benmoussa
Mr. Luis María Ansón
In 2019, the Awards ceremony took place at the Fernan Nuñez Palace in Madrid, during the II edition of the Spanish Arab Fashion Festival. Our Awardees were:
H.H Princess Hend Faisal Al Qassemi
H.H Princess Mina Leghari
Montserrat Caballe (posthumously)
Cruz Sánchez de Lara
Cristina López de Mancisidor de Macaya
Maria Auxiliadora Altamirano
We had planned for the III Art & Culture without Borders Awards 2020 a wonderful gala at the Hilton Al Houara Resort & Spa in Tangier ( Kingdom of Morocco) on the 4th April but sadly we were forced to postpone the event until next year at a place and date to be decided when the global health situation quiets down. Our 2020 awardees are:
H.I.H Ermias Saleh-Selassie
Príncipe de etiopía
H.R.H Idris Al-Senussi
Príncipe de Lubia
Mike Stuart Sydney Possuelo
Baroness Carmen Thyssen-Bornemysza
Ella Fontanals Cisneros
Johan Ernst Nilsson
Because of the current world crisis our 2021 Awards will be for 2021 and 2022 and we hope that they serve to support the causes that are so close to the heart of our Awardees.